Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!

i'm off to the other side of these mountains!
Turn, and face the strain! It's a new transfer and big things are happening! I am going north in the mission, I am training a new missionary, we are whitewashing (taking over for two other missionaries), AND I am a sister training leader (STL)! Saturday night our mission president's wife, Sister Hiers, called and asked me if I would accept the calling to be an STL, which means that I will be over a few sister missionaries, to make sure that they are doing well and are happy. I said of course! I am excited to be able to interact with, get to know, and help support more of my sisters. Then an hour later, President Hiers called and asked if I would be willing to accept a calling. I said " ...another one?" He said "Oh who have you spoken to?" I said "Your wife!" Then he said "Oh yes! Well we would also like to you be a trainer!" WOW I was not expecting that! Of course I accepted the calling. Then I started to freak out. How could I possibly be qualified to fulfill all of these responsibilities? Sister Nelson said "You should pray!" Haha it is funny how in the midst of chaos and confusion, we forget the most simple and important things. I knelt in prayer and poured out my heart to my Heavenly Father. He calmed my heart, and I knew that it would all be ok. I would never be able to do all of this alone, but with His help, it will be possible. Now, every time that I start to get worried or stressed, I am filled with peace. I know that He is mindful of my needs. 

we love the temple!
We had a great last week of the transfer. We were able to go to the Ogden temple on Friday! We have helped to reactivate a less active couple, and they went through the temple and were sealed together and to their daughter for time and all eternity. It was so wonderful to see their family united, and to see their smiling faces, their hearts full, glowing with the spirit. It was such an incredible experience. I am so grateful for the temple, to know that it is the house of the Lord. I feel His spirit there so strong, and I am reassured that I am doing what He would have me do.

On Saturday we had the chance to go to a baptism for a little boy who we taught. He was 8 years old, but we had helped his family to come back to church. Before the baptism, we could tell that he was nervous. Poor little guy broke down crying. We pulled him aside and asked if he would like to say a prayer to help him feel calm. I talked to him about this wonderful step that he was taking, and how proud his Heavenly Father is of him. Making a change can be scary! But we helped him to recognize that he is doing a good thing, and that there was no reason to be afraid. We prayed, and he calmed down. After his baptism he was just fine, all smiles. His mother spoke to me after the baptism and said thank you so much for everything I had done for their family. She said now that they have been coming to church regularly, she has felt her Heavenly Father's love more than she has in a long time. I am so grateful to have the chance to help people remember the spirit that they have felt when they are living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is the only way to truly find lasting joy and happiness!

Change is the only constant. Somehow I keep forgetting that! Just a few weeks ago I told Hermana Egan t
hat I didn't feel like I was sacrificing enough, that my mission has been too easy. Honestly, I have felt so lucky to not have had any serious problems or struggles. Well, I guess Heavenly Father heard me, and decided I could use some more experiences to help me learn and grow! I am grateful that the Lord has trusted me with one of his daughters, to help her become a great missionary. We will see how things go!

I love you all, and I hope that you're smiling!

xoxo 

Sister Boman        


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?