Pages

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

And So It Goes


I love being a missionary! This is the best thing I could be doing right now. I just know it. I am so lucky to have an awesome companion, I love Sister Matheson! When things get hard or discouraging, she is there to make me smile and we end up crying because we are laughing so hard. We have seen many miracles this week.

We have a master key that gets us into all of the church buildings in our area. The key ring it is on is pretty flimsy, and it fell off. I set it aside, meaning to put it on a more secure key ring, but when I went to look for it later, I had misplaced the key entirely! This was bad news, because we need that key. Immediately we thought to say a prayer. After we prayed, we looked all over the apartment. We tore it apart! The key was nowhere to be found. At this point, I was pretty frustrated. I thought wow, I guess He's not going to help us with this one! We gathered our things and went to leave. As soon as I opened the door, I saw in the leaves on the ground, THE KEY! Let me tell you, I have no idea how it got out there. But this was a huge testimony builder for me. I have never had a prayer answered so quickly. I should have known, He wouldn't abandon us.

The Lord works in mysterious ways. On our way back from an appointment, we saw a big chocolate lab running in the busy street. Cars were not paying attention, and the dog wouldn't move! I honked my horn to alert the oncoming car, and the dog ran out of the way. We parked the car, and my companion tried to round up the dog while I went to knock on the closest door to find the owner. We found the owner, and she ended up being a less active member of the church, and she wants us to come back and teach her family! We got the dog back safe and sound, grateful for the divine intervention that led us to that family.

There is a lady who's husband just passed away last week. They had both expressed interest in joining the church, and one of the last things he said before he died was he wished he could have been baptized. His wife is struggling, it has been so hard without him, and when we asked her if she would like to be baptized, she said "Yes! I already talked to the bishop! Yes, yes, yes!" It will be so wonderful to help her to learn more about the gospel, and help her to have comfort in this difficult time. As her understanding of the Plan of Salvation grows, she will be able to face each day with even more strength and hope.


This gospel is beautiful. I really love it. I am so blessed to be able to meet so many incredible people, and so witness so many miracles!

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?