Pages

Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Cheers!


I thought I would reflect on this past year, seeing as it is coming to a close! It has been incredible, definitely the best of my life so far, and hopefully this coming year will beat it! 

The beginning of my mission was great. It felt so right to be a missionary, and I learned so much from my trainer, Sister Bartnik (who goes home this transfer!!!). She helped me to adjust to the rigors of missionary life, to be thoughtful and kind. Then Sister Hansen joined us for a transfer and we combined areas! That was madness but it was fun learning from each other about teamwork and communication. Then Sister Gietz joined me and we had the time of our lives! Everyone we taught could feel our love because we were so happy all of the time. We are like two peas in a pod. Or too crazies escaped from the looney bin! Then I was transferred and was with sweet little Sister Miller for the Ogden Temple open house! she helped me to show my love for everyone I came in contact with. My love for the temple grew and I realized how much I loved being a missionary and how hard it would be to work at a temple visitor's center. Then I was with Sister Nelson and we rode our bikes around the countryside and enjoyed the autumn air. She taught me about trusting yourself and finding joy in the little things. Then came the big responsibility, and I was transferred to the north part of the mission, whitewash training! And I was made a Sister Training Leader and a Technical Instructor for the iPads! I have learned so much from my baby Sister Matheson, she is such a light in my life. She helped me through some hard times and reminded me why I am on a mission. Over these past ten months I have helped people to become baptized and reactivated, and have even seen some go to the temple! That is the vision of the mission, to envision the people we teach at the temple, dressed in white. I am so grateful to be able to share my testimony and see the light of the gospel brighten the lives of those around me! He never said it would be easy, but He always said it would be worth it!

We had a wonderful Christmas Eve and Christmas. We had our baptism on Christmas Eve, and the spirit was so strong! She stood in the font for a moment after she was baptized, and just soaked it in. Then she bore her testimony and shared how she knew that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. She has found so much strength; we are so excited to see what her future holds. Then we went over to our investigator's house and made tamales with them! Ooooh they were delicious!


Christmas Day we skyped our families! It was THE BEST! Then we had a Christmas breakfast and then went to a Bishop's home and spent the day with their family. They are one of our favorite families and we are so grateful to have them in our lives!


The snow has been falling and temperatures are dropping! Luckily I now have 12 scarves, so I think my neck will stay nice and warm :) Thank you to everyone who was so thoughtful and sent me Christmas presents! 

I love you all and I hope that you are smiling! 

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?