Pages

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Put It On The Altar

9 month mark, we went out to a Mediterranean lunch!
We had a baptism last Saturday! It was awesome. She was so ready to be baptized, the only thing she was nervous about was her makeup running and getting her hair wet. She is so funny. Everyone was there to support her, and on Sunday when she was confirmed a member of the church and received the Holy Ghost, the whole ward welcomed her as the newest member of the church. It was testimony meeting, and every testimony was about the power of the plan of salvation and the light and life that the gospel brings to our lives. It was exactly what she needed to hear! 

Last week I was able to go on exchanges with my spanish hermanas! As always, I was treated to some delicious mexican food and met some incredible people. We visited an older couple who are not members but are very interested in learning more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. We taught them about the Book of Mormon, and they were excited to read and learn more about what Heavenly Father has spoken to His children. The whole time, as I looked at the woman, she reminded me so much of my Nana! I was so touched by the spirit, and knew that if they were to be baptized, their lives would be blessed in the same way that the gospel has blessed my grandparent's lives. It was such a beautiful moment to feel of God's love for them. Also, she gave us a giant bag of tamales, so that was awesome!

While our baptism shrunk our teaching pool for a moment, we found two part member families and a man who is not a member who all want to learn more about the gospel! It was awesome to find them and know that the Lord has prepared them to meet with us. 

Being a missionary is hard. I usually focus on the good and uplifting moments from my week, but things have been difficult. I know that the Lord is giving me so many things to handle because I am stubborn and want to do things on my own. But He is patiently waiting until I finally turn to Him for help. And although at times it is overwhelming, I know that He is breaking me down and building me up into the person that He sees me as. I trust Him, and I know that when I give it up to Him, He will bless me for my faith and obedience. I trust His plan for me. 

I love you all and I hope you are smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman  

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?