Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Mother's Love

I love my family!!!
This was an awesome week full of loving moms! I was so lucky to be able to skype my family, you guys are the best! How did I get so lucky? It was just the boost of energy that I needed. Sister Pitt and I sang a song together in sacrament meeting called "A Mother's Eyes Reflect the Love of Heaven". It was hard not to get emotional! I am so grateful for my mom and for all of the love that she has shown me. I have been so blessed to call her my best friend. I have been so lucky to have so many incredible women in my life, shout out to all you lovely ladies!

In the April 2010 General Conference, Bradley D. Foster said:

"Perhaps the reason we respond so universally to our mothers’ love is because it typifies the love of our Savior. As President Joseph F. Smith said, “The love of a true mother comes nearer [to] being like the love of God than any other kind of love”"

I have been so blessed to meet so many incredible women on my mission who have been mothers to me. I know that Heavenly Father knew I would need the support of these women while my own mom is so far away. 

baptisms at the temple!
This past weekend we were able to do baptisms at the temple for our recent convert's family! She was baptized for nine of her ancestors. It was so fun to see her do the baptisms, knowing how nervous she was at her own baptism, she is a pro now! All of her friends were there and they had a blast. 

We had a lesson with her family, her mom that grew up catholic and her dad that is less active, and really what it got down to was the importance of family and being united together. That is the main focus of the church. We are so blessed to have our families here on this earth, and we are sent to them for a reason. The gospel can bring us closer together and help us to have an eternal perspective. Our families are precious gifts to us, and I know that it is by following the example of Jesus Christ that we can find true joy and happiness in our lives. 

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?