Pages

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Angels To Minister

Me, Lexie, and Sister Pitt!

Hey everyone! I am so grateful to be a missionary and I know I say that every week but seriously I have felt the spirit so strong this week. Even through trials, I would even say especially through trials, the Lord has lifted me and strengthened me and helped me to feel of His love. 
In Moroni chapter 7 verse 22 it says:

For behold, God knowing all things, being from everlasting to everlasting, behold, he sent angels to minister unto the children of men, to make manifest concerning the coming of Christ; and in Christ there should come every good thing.

I am so grateful for the power that our Heavenly Father gives us to endure trials and to become better people. It is the most incredible feeling to know that you are not alone. To be a missionary and to constantly feel the spirit and help the people around you is not easy, and when you find joy in the work you know that it is not happening on your own! 

Last night we had an awesome lesson with our recent convert's family (the little girl with the mom that is catholic and dad is less active). We were talking about membership record numbers (each member of the church has a record number just so the church doesn't loose track of them) and her mom said oh I guess I don't have one of those! And we said well we can fix that! Haha. She laughed, but then she said "well, I've been praying about it!" I thought oh my goodness did she actually just say that?! So I took her aside and spoke with her. It has been hard to help her and answer her questions because we had been actively helping her daughter to prepare for baptism. I spoke with her for a long time, and she is conflicted because she has been Catholic her whole life and is afraid to change, and doesn't want to hurt her relationship with her mom. But she said she just doesn't know enough about the church to make a decision. I helped her to understand more about the major differences between the catholic and LDS church, and answered some of her other questions. She said a lot of it makes sense, and I gave her a few things to do to help her resolve the conflicted feelings she has had. 

A lot of what it boils down to is the Book of Mormon. It is another testament of Jesus Christ, and it was translated by the prophet Joseph Smith. So if the Book of Mormon is true, then Joseph Smith was a true prophet of God, and there was a need for a restoration of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. That is why the Book of Mormon is called the "keystone" of our religion, for without it, the entire religion would crumble. I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon. I just finished reading it through and I can testify that it is the word of God. It has strengthened me and given me peace and hope for my life, as well as the people I have been able to meet and teach. 

I love you all, and I hope you are smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?