Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

It's Good To Be Alive

One of my favorite parts of the mission is going to the temple with recent converts! The 16 year old girl who got baptized a few weeks ago went to the temple to do baptisms without even telling us! Haha she was so excited she went the very next week. We were able to go last week with her to do more baptisms. She loved seeing us in the jumpsuits. It was so fun to do work for people who have passed away, and feel the special spirit that is in the temple. 

We had interviews with our brand new mission president last week! His name is President Jaggi. He was born in Salt Lake City but his family lives in southern California. He and his wife are in their early 40's (watch out dad! Next calling???) and they have four kids, 9, 11, 15, and 17! They are an active, dynamic family that loves the Gospel of Jesus Christ. President Jaggi is so full of energy and light. I have been inspired by his humility and diligence already. 

I was reading old journal entries this morning. It was so funny to look back and see how enthusiastic I was, how every little thing was a miracle. I think being out so long has almost dulled my sensitivity to how awesome this work is, because it's so normal! But reading those journal entries helped me to see that I need to remember that perspective I had when I was starting out. There are so many miracles I witness every day, that I am a part of. I know that I will definitely feel the difference when I go home. I have been so lucky to be so close to the spirit, to truly be an instrument in the Lord's hands. I don't want it to end when I come home!

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?