Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Reunited And It Feels So Good

Happy belated mothers day to all the beautiful women reading this! What an incredible gift you are to the world! Sister Bartnik and I were asked to speak at church on mother's day about mothers and missionary work. It was so fun to think back on all of the ways that my mom has prepared me to be a missionary. President Joseph F. Smith said, “The love of a true mother comes nearer [to] being like the love of God than any other kind of love”. The love of my mother showed me the love that my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for me. Because of her example, I want to share that love with everyone I meet- and that is missionary work!

I love my beautiful family!
Nana and Grandpa!
I was reunited with a few things this week, first of all, my family! We were able to skype and it was such a delight. I am so grateful to have a loving and supportive family. They are my strength every day, and their examples motivates me to be better. We updated each other on news and chatted like old times. I love that we are always able to laugh together. And I saw my Nana and Grandpa too! It was so nice to see their smiling faces :)

I was also reunited with my MTC companion, Sister Greene! We had a special sister's training for all of the sister missionaries in the Utah Ogden mission. It was such an inspiring and motivating training. There are a good amount of sisters serving, I think close to 70. But the elders outnumber us 4:1. As sisters, and as women, we approach missionary work from a different angle. We are often more nurturing and compassionate. Because of this, we are not always as bold with our invitations. We are more sensitive to other's feelings, and we do not always hold investigators to keep commitments. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of things that the elders do that are not the best, but the training was organized so that we would understand that we should be getting the same results as the elders are. There are a million different factors of course, we do not force people to get baptized just for a number, but it was great to be motivated and learn how to best use my skills as a sister missionary to help others draw closer to Christ. There are people who have been prepared by the Lord, who are ready and waiting for us to find them and share this wonderful message.


I was reunited with my bandanna, one that I bought in France and wore while I worked on farms there that summer. We participated in Make A Difference Day, and we pulled weeds along a trail. It was fun to work with our hands for a while. I thought it appropriate to wear my "get it done do-rag" as we named it on the farm. I ended up wearing it the rest of the day just for fun.

Reunions were sweet this week, and they made my heart smile. As I study the scriptures and learn more about my loving Father in Heaven, I look forward to our reunion in Heaven. I am so grateful to be able to learn and grow closer to him. I know that He loves me, and He wants me to be happy here on Earth. He has given me so many things to show His love for me- my family, friends, the scriptures, the sunshine, this gospel, even His own Son, Jesus Christ. I am so blessed to feel of His love and rely on Him every day for strength.

How will you prepare for your reunion with our Heavenly Father?

I love you all, and hope you are smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?