Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

My Jesus Loves Me

This week was crazy. Weeks go by and you don't even remember what happened. Pretty much every week is like that. Plus, it's hot so I think my brain melted a little. 




The best news of this week was that WE HAD A BAPTISM!!! The wife of the couple that met at the dump, she was baptized this last Saturday! She quit smoking, drinking coffee, and has felt the spirit testify that these things are true. She made the covenant with our Heavenly Father to follow the example of His son and be baptized. Her testimony is so sweet, and it has been so beautiful to see the miracle of the atonement work in her life. She is a new person now. We are so proud of her! Her baptism was such a spiritual experience. We prayed with her before it began so that she would feel peace in her heart. Her mother-in-law who used to be in the Mormon Tabernacle Choir sang I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus, and my companion and I sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives.  We shared the message of the restoration of the gospel and talked about her journey to become baptized. She had so much support from the members of her ward, as well as her husband's family. She bore her testimony and said "I bear my testimony that the Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter Day Saints is true. In Jesus' name, amen." Then she walked back to her seat and said "I like to keep things simple!"  There wasn't a dry eye in the room when it was over. On Sunday during sacrament meeting she was confirmed a member of the church and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. Her brother-in-law gave a wonderful blessing. I am so grateful for the power of the priesthood to bestow blessings to us from God. After the baptism they had a backyard party and boy does she know how to cook! We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. It is so fun to get to know a family and love them like they are your own. 




backyard BBQ feast!

We also had the chance to hear President Uchtdorf speak at a devotional for Pioneer Day. It was so exciting to be in his presence. He spoke about the pioneers and their journey across the plains. He asked, "What have we done as a result of the sacrifice of the pioneers? Will their sacrifice and endurance have made a difference in our lives?" We should be so grateful for the sacrifice of our ancestors. They have made our lives possible. He encouraged us to be filled with passion, industry, and faith. It reminded me of a talk I read recently called Mountains to Climb by President Henry B. Eyring, and he said "If the foundation of faith is not embedded in our hearts, the power to endure will crumble." We must trust in our Savior to make things possible. We must believe in our Father in Heaven to have hope for the future. 

I know that Jesus loves me, I know that He lives. I know that He wants to forgive, that He wants to help me. And He wants all of those things for each of you as well!

I love you all! Keep smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?