Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

I Love To See The Temple

Sister Miller!
I'm starting to get used to the new area, lots of open spaces, farmland, horses, and then random giant houses in newly developed suburbs. The people are so sweet and willing to help us. One of my favorite parts of the day is right before we go home, when the sun is setting and turns the sky pastel pink and purple, the world is peaceful, and I am tired from a long day of work. I love my new companion, Sister Miller. She is from Tuscon, AZ and she is the sweetest thing. We make a great team. 

We have jumped right in to the Ogden Temple open house! Sunday night we met in the tabernacle next door, and received our instruction. Then we were able to tour the temple! What a beautiful building. So much time and effort has been put into making everything perfect. I am so grateful to have a place to learn more about my Savior, and to do work for those who have passed on. As drove home, one of the sisters commented, "Didn't it feel like... not finished? Like God hasn't approved it yet?" She was right, it did feel different. The temple is a sacred place, the closest place to Heaven we have on earth. But right now, it is just a pretty, shiny building. But soon, on September 21, it will be dedicated a house of the Lord. What a privilege to have a piece of Heaven on earth!

Welcome to the Temple!
Yesterday was our first shift at the temple. Basically we just stand and smile and look pretty. I was with Hermana Maldonado, who is from Spain. They split up the spanish sisters so that they were more spread out. We had a lot of fun smiling at people. Whenever people would ask where we were from, I always responded first, because compared to Spain, California is a little lackluster! This week is VIP tours, but on Friday it will open to the public, and they are expecting 2,000 people per hour. WOW. That is so many people, so many opportunities to feel the spirit in the house of the Lord! And we will be there to witness it! What a blessing!

I love you all, and hope you are well! Keep smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

1 comment:

  1. I hope you are there when I go on my tour. I didn't get to say goodbye. If I don't see you there, maybe I will have to come visit you. Sister Medell

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?