Pages

Tuesday, November 4, 2014

My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee

Texas Longhorns in Utah!
Exchanges with Sister Patterson!
I would say that I am getting used to the smell of cow, but that would be a lie! Haha luckily the scenery is beautiful here. Last week I had the chance to go on exchanges with one of the sisters that I am over as a Sister Training Leader. Sister Patterson is serving in Fielding. One of the houses that we went to is just past the sign for the Idaho border. So now I can say that I have been to Idaho! It was so neat to be able to work with her and help her to be the best missionary that she can be. We spent a few hours raking leaves and we got to know each other pretty well. Turns out that I met her before she came on her mission! She came to the Ogden Temple open house, and told me that she had just got her mission call to the Ogden mission! It is so neat to now be able to spend time with her in the field!

Halloween was a pretty awesome time. We had two baptisms! A woman who has returned to church married her boyfriend that day, and then that evening he and her son from a previous marriage got baptized! It was such a wonderful baptism. Their spirits are so strong. Her husband has been working with missionaries for two years, and the first elder that found him was able to come and baptize and confirm them both! Since we just came into the area recently, we worked mostly with the little boy. He is so funny. He kept yelling at the elder baptizing him to get his name right! Then, after he went under the water he said "That tastes disgusting!" We were all cracking up. He told us afterwards that he felt really good and happy about being baptized. It was so neat to hear his mom bear her testimony, for her strong desire and goal to be an eternal family sealed in the temple. We are so excited for them!

That night we had the opportunity to watch the Saratov Approach with the missionaries in our zone. Talk about the perfect missionary Halloween movie! It was so intense but it was really good. It is based on a true story. It was so incredible to see how these elders kept faith and relied on the Lord and His plan for us. I am just so glad that I am serving in Utah!

This last Sunday we had the opportunity to perform in the mission's musical fireside. It was incredible! It was held at the

Logan Tabernacle, and it was packed with people! So many people came from our stakes, even some of our investigators! There is so much talent in the mission! I sang in a small women's group the song "Each Live That Touches Ours For Good". It was really pretty. I think my favorite piece was a number performed by a few elders and sisters called "My Kindness Shall Not Depart From Thee". It is based on the words found in Doctrine and Covenants section 122:

And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

Therefore, hold on thy way, and the priesthood shall remain with thee; for their bounds are set, they cannot pass. Thy days are known, and thy years shall not be numbered less; therefore, fear not what man can do, for God shall be with you forever and ever.

I know that no matter what is thrown our way, there is a way to find peace. It is through our Savior, Jesus Christ. The power of God is above all things. I know that to be true. And I am so grateful for the opportunity to be able to share that message with the people that I meet.

I love you all, and I hope that you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?