Pages

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

snow, snow, snow, snow, SNOW!



i'm an ice cube!
Last week it snowed. Soon after it started, it dawned on me. This is not temporary. I will not go back to my warm home after a fun weekend in the snow. I live here. I live here in a place where it snows. That means stocking up on leggings, scarves, and hot cocoa! Hopefully I survive. Everyone laughs at me when I tell them i'm from California. Especially my companion. She is from Ohio, and says this is nothing! Now I drive like a grandma (no offence Nana). Thankfully, we have been so busy, so we are only outside for a short time before we get to another home!

I truly love teaching. To be filled with the spirit, and receive revelation for the people that we are working with, it is an incredible experience! We teach so many different people, single moms, young couples, older women, struggling husbands and wives, from all walks of life. It makes me so grateful for the experience that I have had in my human development studies. That knowledge, combined with the spirit, creates a powerful opportunity to open their eyes to the gospel. To some people we speak in softer tones, and to others, we are bold! Different people need to hear different things, but what is consistent in all of them is that they are learning about and accessing the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I love to see the light in their eyes as they realize the love that their Savior has for them. I love to promise them blessings as they exercise faith, repentance, and obedience. 

Singing at the Ogden Tabernacle!

We had the opportunity to sing at the musical fireside at the Ogden Tabernacle last Sunday. I didn't think it could get any better than the last performance, but it did! I know that angels were singing with us. We filled the whole tabernacle, and I even saw some people from my old areas! Such a treat.

Grandma and Grandpa Nelson!

Last preparation day our senior couple, the Castletons, took us on a field trip to the factories here in north Utah. We went to the sock factory, the pajama factory, Pepperidge farms, and the Fatboy factory! You don't want to know how many goods we came away with! Then, at the fatboy factory they gave us boxes of ice cream, for FREE! Oh the perks of being a missionary in Utah. Estoy muy gorda!

The Castletons!


I love you all and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?