Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Wheeeeeeeeeee

Lunch at the crepery with the hermanas!
This week was an emotional roller-coaster! We have been double booked many nights, running around like chickens with our heads cut off. I think i've said that the past few weeks. But it hasn't changed! This past week we taught 23 lessons! We love being busy but it can get crazy. 

We had a lesson with an investigator who's husband is not active, but her children come to church. We met her the first day we came to the area, but we weren't able to meet with her again until last week. Her friend told us that she didn't want to be pressured into anything, and didn't want any sort of formal lessons. She also said that mormonism had been a source of contention in her life. We went into the lesson thinking that we would feel it out, but that we probably wouldn't keep working with her. We need to be wise where we spend the Lord's time, and make sure that we are working with people who are prepared to progress in the gospel. Once we started the lesson, Sister Matheson and I both received revelation that we need to keep working with her. As we talked and asked her questions, we realized that she really is being prepared, more that we knew. The spirit was so strong. We helped her to understand that she is not obligated to listen to us, that we are simply here to help her learn if this is right for her. It was so incredible to feel the spirit change in the room. 

We also taught another young couple who want to be baptized. We are finally getting to the core of their concerns. They are worried that they will not be able to keep the commitments that they make at baptism. They are worried they will fall away and not stay active. We taught them about the power of the atonement, and how we all make mistakes, but it is because of the sacrifice that Christ made for us that we can have hope for the future. We never need to feel like it is too late. We are trying to help them to act on their faith, to learn and to grow and partake of this beautiful gospel. 

We are working with a less active couple that are just the best. They are not married, and we have been pretty bold in discerning their concerns, trying to help them to have faith and to rely on the Lord. He isn't able to come to church because of his work schedule, but this Sunday we fasted with them. It was awesome to hear about their experience fasting together. He said "at first, I was pretty grumpy, but then, I wanted to do it." They have been praying and reading the scriptures together, and we are really seeing a change in them. It is the most rewarding moment to watch the people you are working with learn and grow and begin to align their will with the Lord's. I love them so much and we are so excited for their future!

It has been really difficult juggling two stakes, but I am so grateful for all of the people I am able to rely on, my companion, my mission president, as well as my Savior Jesus Christ. I know that I can not do this on my own. He has given me the opportunity to rely on Him, and I am so grateful for the strength that He gives me. 

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling :)

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?