Pages

Tuesday, February 17, 2015

All You Need Is Love

happy valentines day to us!
Happy late Valentines day to you all! I hope it was a wonderful day full of love and happiness. Unfortunately for us, not many people were home because of the long weekend and the holiday. BUT, we didn't give up. We heart attacked a few people that we love and appreciate (cut out hearts and covered their front door with words of love). It was awesome later to hear their responses. I think i'm going to make it a Valentines Day tradition! There is one lady who we met a few weeks ago who goes to another church, but we visited with her and she is SO nice. Her husband is deployed and she just recently moved here, so we knew she could use some love on Valentines Day! We heart attacked her and she texted us, saying it was "one of the most thoughtful, caring, meaningful things" someone has ever done for her. She was so grateful! It felt so good to make people smile and to feel loved. 

I was able to go on exchanges in my first area and I saw Jackie and Randy! I worked with Jackie and helped her to prepare for baptism. She is doing great. She prints out the lessons before every Sunday and studies them so she is prepared to participate! It filled my heart to know that she is still strong in her desire to learn and grow in the gospel. 

love these two!
We met a non member family while tracting in some apartments. They were hesitant at first to even listen to us, but by the end we were in their home, testifying of truth, and they made a return appointment! Something that I have found that is so important is that we need to be real with people! We need to let them know that we love and care about them, and we need to talk about the gospel with them as soon as possible! Especially for us in door contacts, because we only have a few seconds before they have made up their mind! If we speak of the gospel, then the Holy Ghost will be able to bear witness to them, and if they are prepared and open, they will feel in their hearts that it is true. 

I love this gospel. I am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that my Heavenly Father loves me, and that my Savior Jesus Christ loves me so much as to suffer and die for me. That is true, eternal love. When we feel of that love, it changes our hearts, and it can carry us through even the darkest of times. I want everyone I meet to be able to experience that love!

One of the most heart-wrenching mormon messages i've seen is called Enduring Love. It is such an example to me of the power that true love can have to unite us together. Grab some tissues before you watch it!

I LOVE you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?