Pages

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Song of Redeeming Love


This week, like most weeks, was good and trying! Haha. But we are still staying positive. We are trying to help the stake realize that there is so much potential, but because we are so new in the area, we need their help to find those who have been prepared by the Lord. It can be frustrating, sometimes we feel like we're not making any progress, but then miracles happen! 

We had a great lesson with Smalls last week. He really is ready to be baptized. He is such a sweet soul and we really think that it will help his whole family, especially having the priesthood in their home! We are excited for him!

We also met a whole family who are not members. Their son, who is nine, was invited to church by their 80 something year old neighbor. He has been coming for quite a while! He said that when his neighbor had heart surgery he prayed that she would be alright, and she was! He just had a few questions about the sacrament and about fasting. Then he said "Yeah, i've been thinking about getting baptized..." And we said hey we can help you there! He is such a sweet boy. When we came in he was wearing a basketball jersey, then he ran out of the room. We started talking with his family and he came back wearing a button up shirt! Had to get presentable. His family is really nice. The dad grew up as a Jehovah's Witness, and said that it really caused a lot of trauma for him and religion. But he asked a lot of really good questions and we cleared some things up that he had been wondering about. He told us that we are lucky we have such strong belief. We told him that we could help him get to that point as well, if he would be willing to learn and have us teach them all. He immediately said "No, no thank you. I'll have to decline." He wants answers directly from God. He has a hard time trusting the interpretation of other people. We tried to tell him that the way he will know if what we are teaching is true is through prayer, but I think his past experiences have really made things hard for him. We asked if we could come back and teach his son, and he said "Yes, please do. I want my children to have the faith that you have. Maybe i'll be around and ask you some more questions." So we'll see how it goes!

I had a really cool experience last night. We shared a video called "Lessons I Learned as a Boy". It is a beautiful story of two young boys and a simple act of kindness. As we watched it, I realized that the music in the background is the same music that was in the introductory video we showed for the temple open house! I immediately was taken back to those days. All of the emotions and memories came flooding back. It amazed me how powerful that simple song could be, what a strong effect it had. I paid no attention to it during the open house, but hearing it over and over, it sunk into my subconscious. Then, in a new situation, the same music brought those feelings back to my remembrance. I can't help but think that the same thing will happen when our Savior Jesus Christ will come again. In the Book of Mormon in the book of Alma, chapter 5 verse 26 it reads "And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, if ye have experienced a change of heart, and if ye have felt to sing the song of redeeming love, I would ask, can ye feel so now?" The sweet song of His voice calls to us, and we will recognize it if we have been obedient in this life. I have felt that change of heart, and my heart continues to change every day. 

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling! And singing!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?