Pages

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Baba Yetu

Musical Fireside!
This week we had the Ogden Musical Fireside! It was such an awesome experience. I was asked last minute to join one of the special musical numbers, called Baba Yetu. It is the Lord's prayer in Swahili. I was still recovering from a cold, but luckily it was gone by the time of the performance. As soon as the music started a rush of adrenaline flowed through me, and I sang my heart out! It was so much fun. We had the Ogden tabernacle packed full, there were people standing! So many missionaries were involved and there were some incredible special numbers. I was so grateful to be a part of it. 

dinner with our mission president and wife, the Hiers!
We have been teaching a young girl who is 14. She has come to young women's activities forever, but has never come to church or met with missionaries. We have taught her a few times now and she came to all three hours of church last Sunday! If you have ever been a missionary, you know what a big deal that is! It is so hard to get people to church. We had a wonderful lesson with her at the Bishop's house, and it was awesome to see how open and receptive she is to the gospel. We told her to really give it her all and test it out, to see if this is right for her, and she is doing just that!

This last week we had Zone Conference. It was super spiritual and the trainings were awesome. In our mission we have the opportunity to take the Gallup Strengths test, and we discover what our top five strengths are. Mine are input, developer, connectedness, empathy, and activator. We did an exercise where we each thought of a problem that we have that we want to work on, and then we looked at other people's strengths and found someone we thought would have good insight to our problem. It was so neat to see how we are each blessed with different individual strengths, and we can help each other so much with our varying personalities and perspectives. 

I wonder what the Savior's strengths would be? Maybe empathy, belief, includer, activator, and connectedness? He always knows how we feel, He knows what He stands for, He makes things happen and takes action, and He feels a deep love for all of us. I know that He is real. I know that He is helping me each and every day. I know that I could not do this work without His help. I am so grateful to be a missionary. My time is running short, but I know that I can make the most of it with Him by my side. I know that we can all find true joy and happiness by relying on our Savior Jesus Christ. He is our brother, and He loves us. 

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?