Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I Need Thee Every Hour


Welcome to the Ogden Temple!

Another week has passed, and yesterday was my five month mark! I honestly can't believe i've been out that long. Days are long with our six hour shifts at the temple. We work every day except sunday. It is tiring! We work at the temple part of the day and then go back to our area and teach. A full time job plus another full time job. Needless to say, we will deserve a foot massage after this transfer. Working at the temple is different than what I expected. We are not allowed to proselyte, so mainly we just smile, be friendly, and invite them to fill out a comment card. It's hard when we are used to teaching and testifying! But I know that the Lord will bless us for our service. We are helping His work, in whatever form that may be.

Bountiful Temple
On Saturday we had the chance to go to the temple with a recent convert to the church. I had not worked with him, but I was invited as well. It was a beautiful experience. His family and in laws were all so proud of him. You could tell that he had been touched by the spirit. The next day we had family home evening with them all, as well as his son who is not a member. We taught the restoration of the gospel. When we came to the end, I asked the group, what is the point? Why do we do all of these things? Why do we learn? Why do we want to find out if it is true? Why do we care? And the recent convert answered, "It is so that we can be with our families forever in the Celestial Kingdom. We do it all so that we can feel that peace, that joy, that happiness. That is what this life is for- to prepare us for that day". It was so incredible to me to see someone who had previously never had this understanding, to have become enlightened. He has gained a testimony of the truthfulness of these things, by the power of the Holy Ghost.

I had an experience on Sunday during Sacrament Meeting. I had had a rough morning, stressed out, frustrated, and discouraged. I sat in the meeting, grumpily singing the sacrament hymn. It was hymn 185, Reverently and Meekly Now. I came to the third verse, which says:

Bid thine heart all strife to cease;
With thy brethren be at peace.
Oh, forgive as thou wouldst be
E’en forgiven now by me.
In the solemn faith of prayer
Cast upon me all thy care,
And my Spirit’s grace shall be
Like a fountain unto thee.

I knew, at this moment, that the Lord was mindful of my needs. I had been fasting that day for strength and peace, and He knew that He could answer my prayer through the words of a hymn. I know that as I do as He directs, and cast upon Him all of my cares, He will pour out His spirit unto me. Not just a little bit, but "like a fountain". I need my Savior every hour. In joy or pain. Good times and bad.

I know that this gospel is true! Our Heavenly Father loves us so much. He wants us to be happy, and he has given us times of trial to make us stronger, to help us realize our divine potential.

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?