Pages

Monday, August 18, 2014

Speak Light

We are so busy with the temple, I know I've said this the past three weeks but time is literally FLYING by on a jet plane.

Sisters of Group 2! 
We had an incredible lesson this week with a young man who is 16. He has been interested in the church for the past two years, and is currently communicating with a missionary who is the elder brother of a girl he has taken out on a few dates.  His dad was the drummer in a Protestant church band, but they didn't need him any more so they stopped going. This kid said that he has always liked how the LDS church is organized, very centered on Jesus Christ. He said he feels there is more that he could be doing with his life. He wants to live a happy, peaceful life, to serve others. He said that he doesn't want to have any regrets. He recently toured the ogden temple open house, and when asked how his experience was, he responded "I felt peace, and warm." We excitedly told him that was the holy ghost, letting him know that these things are true. We invited him to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God.  He said yes, without hesitation. He was very thoughtful throughout the whole lesson, very open and honest. The only problem is that he hasn't told his parents. They have harbored hard feelings toward members of the church; on one instance his stepbrother had an LDS friend, and the friend's parents stopped letting them hang out because he wasn't a member of the church. His dad also has other hesitations. We encouraged him to pray for his parent's hearts to be softened. We invited him to say the closing prayer, and he said "Dear Lord, give me a way, any sort of way, to talk to my parents."  It was incredible to see his faith exercised in that simple prayer. We walked out of the lesson floating on a cloud. We don't know what the outcome will be, but to see the power of the spirit work on someone, and to see how God has prepared them, that is what we live for!


Last night we had dinner with a new bishop, it was so much fun! He has five daughters. I told them about my story, how I ended up on a mission. He texted us later that night and thanked us for coming, and that all of his girls want to be missionaries now! I love getting to know people and helping them to realize their potential. I have been so blessed to serve a mission. It has changed me completely. I know that my life will never be the same. I have realized my Savior's love for me, and I am so lucky to share that with everyone I meet!

















I am so lucky to be serving here in the Ogden Utah mission. Especially helping with the Temple open house! And in what other mission do you get free food? You can catch us at the cupcake shop downtown every Tuesday...

I love you all and I hope you're smiling! Sorry my letters have been shorter, half of the time is spent working at the open house, so not much is changing. 

xoxo

Sister Boman

1 comment:

  1. Sister Sidney! I've been a terrible slacker, but I finally went through and read all of your blog posts. You are wonderful and beautiful, and I'm so glad you're serving the Lord. I'll be writing you a letter sooooooon.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?