Pages

Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Hola, Yo Soy La Hermana Boman

Last week we went on exchanges! It's where you trade companions for 24 hours to help each other out and to learn. I was with Hermana Ramirez, and we started the day working at the temple. We were in the reception tent, where we normally stay in the introductory video rooms in the tabernacle. Although it was rough standing the whole time, it paid off! There are so many opportunities to share your testimony and help people to feel the spirit there. One woman (who I don't think was a member of the church) walked by, and I asked her how she like the tour. She said oh it was beautiful. I felt prompted to ask her how she felt while she was inside. She looked at me, her eyes swelling with tears, trying to speak. Finally she said "I just can't describe what I felt there. And i'm a writer!" It was so incredible to see how the spirit had touched her, and to have helped her to recognize that! What a blessing.  

Hermana Ramirez!
Then we moved over to the tabernacle to help in the Spanish video rooms. I introduced myself, "Hola, yo soy la Hermana Boman, y no hablo espaƱol!" It was so funny. They also use that room to show the video in American Sign Language, and we had two deaf groups come through. They taught us how to say "Thank you for coming to the temple today". Then we sat in the back of the room and tried to learn the whole video in sign language. Hermana Ramirez is so fun, we goofed around a lot. 

SOPES!





















Then we went to her area (Spanish speaking) and worked! We met with a woman and we talked to her about the Book of Mormon. We explained it with the pictures that are in the front of the book. It was awesome to bear testimony of the truthfulness and the power of this book. I have been studying more about it, and I learned that when the gospel was restored by the prophet Joseph Smith, translating the Book of Mormon was the first thing that he did- before the restoration of the priesthood, before the organization of the church! That shows how important it is. The woman felt comfortable enough to ask us some questions that she has had about the church. It was great. Then we went to another lesson, and the only person that spoke english was their daughter, so I taught her the Plan of Salvation. We drew it together on paper. She asked a lot of great questions and I helped her to understand where we come from, why we're here on Earth, and what happens after this life. Then we went to our dinner, and we had sopes! Hand made delicious mexican food. It was at that moment that I decided that I am abandoning the English program. I'm going SPANISH!!! Hahaha it was so good. Then we had another lesson and we stopped by a member's house who was going to come to the lesson with us, and he came up to the car to get in! We yelled NO! Men are not allowed in our cars. Unfortunately he thought that we were giving him a ride, and he doesn't have a car, so we had to go to the lesson alone. It was pretty funny though. 

Then it was back to reality (English speaking). On Sunday we sat in a sacrament meeting and I thought to myself, "Hmm we haven't spoken in this ward yet, we should talk to the Bishop about that!" Then after two youth speakers, the Bishop stood up and said "Well, our main speaker is sick, so we have three options: the back row, our High Councilman, or the Sister Missionaries! I don't think everyone has had a chance to meet Sister Boman, so let's have our Sisters come up and speak to us". I was grinning ear to ear as he spoke. The Lord had answered my prayer! Unfortunately, someone had to get sick in the process, but I was able to speak and let the members know how much we love them. I told them all that they are like super heroes- they have so much potential, they just haven't discovered their super powers yet! I was able to bear my testimony of the gospel. I am so grateful to be able to help others to know of the truth! 


I love you all and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo 

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?