Pages

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

It Isn't A Sin To Be Weak

Hey guys! Hope you are all doing well. This week we found a lot of new people to teach! the Lord knows that we are ready to work hard and make the most of our missions while we are still here! We finally contacted some people that we have had on our radar for quite a while, and many of them are interested in learning more about the gospel. One young girl has come faithfully to the weekly young women's activity, but she is not a member! She has a lot of member friends and is the sweetest girl. We finally talked with her and asked her if she had ever thought about joining the church. She said "Well i'm not against it, but I just don't think I know enough to make a decision." Good thing we showed up! We told her that that's exactly what missionaries are for. We help people to know if they would be interested in joining the church. We teach and invite them to learn and to test it out. It was so exciting to see her accept the invitation. We really think she is prepared! 

We had the Logan musical fireside this weekend and it was great! Everyone did a wonderful job, and I even got to spend some time with my baby, Sister Matheson! 

good times with my baby girl!
Something that I have been blessed to learn and understand more is the difference between sin and weakness. There is an article in the church magazine the Ensign called It Isn't a Sin to be Weak. Something that I have struggled with a lot is punishing myself and feeling unworthy because of my weaknesses, but in reality, there is a big difference between sin and weakness. Sin is willingly disobeying God's commandments, but weakness is a result of our own humanity. The Atonement gives us the opportunity to repent of our sins, but our Savior's grace makes up for our weaknesses. This knowledge has helped me so much, and I was able to share my new understanding with one of the less active sisters that we are teaching. It was so awesome to see the light come to her face. She is SO hard on herself, and I was able to help her realize that all things are possible through Jesus Christ, our Savior, our Redeemer. 

I am so grateful for the time I have here in Utah as a missionary. My testimony has been strengthened more than I knew it could or would. 

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?