Pages

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Make A Change

This week we had some changes! We moved into a new apartment, we're living with a family in their basement. They are super fun and we love them so it has been great! Also they have a dog and a trampoline so what more could we ask for??

We were planning on having a baptism this coming Saturday for the young girl we have been teaching since January, but due to family schedules it happened last night!!! It was a bit hectic trying to get it organized so quickly but luckily missionaries are pro at being flexible and it was an awesome night. She was excited and nervous and said she felt like an astronaut in her baptismal jumpsuit! Haha that girl cracks me up. Her friends gave the talks and said the prayers, and they did such a good job! They have been so instrumental in making this happen. If she didn't have their example and support she probably wouldn't have made the decision to be baptized. At her baptism there were quite a few members of her family who attended who are not members of the church. We shared the message of the restoration of the gospel while she was changing back into her dry clothes. This is one of my favorite parts of baptisms because we get to teach so many people all at once! I boldly promised that if they took the time to search, study, and ponder the things we had told them about, that they too will have a desire to follow the example of Jesus Christ and be baptized. I feel so honored to share this gospel with everyone I meet. The spirit was so strong in the room. I love it!

We have found a few more people to teach, unfortunately it doesn't work out immediately with all of them, but sometimes it does! We met a young girl who is 10 who comes to church with her grandparents every other weekend when she is with her dad. She has been dying to get baptized! We finally met her, and when we asked her why she wants to be baptized, she started crying! Her heart is so full and she wants it so badly. She recognizes the spirit when she is learning and wants to have it with her always. We are so excited to help her in her journey.

I never thought that I would be teaching so many young kids on my mission, but I am so grateful. They are so bright and full of light, and I can see the need that they have for the guidance of the spirit. The world is getting harder and harder to live in without it, but I know that there is a way to find joy and happiness in this life, and it is through our Savior Jesus Christ. He knows and loves each and every one of us!

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?