Pages

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Words of a Prophet

CONFERENCE!!!
This was one of the best weeks of my mission!!! Conference was so incredible, I was so blessed with revelation and with light. I was able to go to two of the four sessions! On Saturday morning, we went with the young girl who we have been teaching since I came into the area, her fellowshipping family (the mom and daughters), and then we had our recent convert, the 9 year old boy, and his 17 year old step brother who is not a member! It was so neat to see their faces in their first experience at the conference center, and especially at Temple Square! We showed them the Salt Lake temple, and after conference we went and showed them the Christus. I sat next to our recent convert during conference, and he took notes in his notepad while I took notes in mine :) How special to see such a young man, filled with the spirit, and able to receive revelation. Of course, two hours is a long time, so we all got a little antsy toward the end.

Because it is my last conference while I am on my mission, I was able to choose another session to go to. I chose Sunday morning, so that I could see Music and the Spoken word, a broadcast by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, and I knew that the Prophet always speaks on Sunday morning! I went with Sister Lewis, her and her husband were my senior couple in Plain City and they have become adopted grandparents. We went down together and had a wonderful time. Our tickets were so good! The choir sang like angels, and the Prophet spoke all about the power of the temple, and then my favorite apostle (I know I shouldn't have favorites but I do), Elder Jeffrey R. Holland spoke! His talk was so powerful. He spoke of the fall of Adam and Eve, and how without that fall, without our humanity, we would have no need for a Savior. But because of that fall, Jesus Christ and His atoning sacrifice is essential in our lives. Throughout the conference I learned a lot about trusting the Lord, strengthening faith, and being obedient out of love. President Uchtdorf made an analogy, saying that if we think that we buy our salvation with obedience, it is like buying an airplane ticket and thinking we own the airline. Our Savior's sacrifice and grace makes it possible for us, after all we have done, to gain eternal life.

Did you watch conference? If not, it will be available soon online at lds.org! I want to hear what you guys thought!

Last night we had a great lesson with the young girl who we brought to conference. We had asked her last week to pray about a day to be baptized, and when we asked her, she immediately said "I already decided, I want to get baptized!" We were so surprised! Her answer showed us that she is truly ready. We asked her how she decided and she said "I don't know, I just felt good about it!" That is exactly what the spirit does! It doesn't overpower us, we still have our ability to choose, but he gently whispers the right thing to do, and helps us to feel good about it. We are so excited for her!

I got a new companion last week, her name is Sister Pitt and she is from Oahu, Hawaii! She is full of life and energy and I am excited for this BUSY transfer ahead of us.

I love you all and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

Sister Pitt! My new companion!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?