Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Bittersweet Symphony


This week was bittersweet. We had our send-off testimony meeting for our mission president who will finish his mission at the end of this month. He has been an incredible support to me throughout my mission, ever since day one. He is easy to talk to, and always smiling. One of his strengths is positivity, and it's no question why. He is such a spiritual giant, and if we ever have questions, he counsels us to take it to the Lord. "Go pray about it" he says. He has helped me to strengthen my relationship with my Heavenly Father and to rely more on my Savior Jesus Christ. He will definitely be missed!

We had an awesome lesson with our recent convert who was baptized last weekend. It is so neat to see how her relationship with her husband and son is strengthened, and how many blessings they are seeing because of her choice to join the church. They still have hard times, but they are able to handle them with so much more faith and hope. 

This last Sunday was almost a big scare. Our investigator getting baptized this weekend needed to come to church one more time before she can be baptized, to show her commitment to the Lord. With a family camping trip and father's day weekend all in one, we were so nervous that she wouldn't be able to make it and we would have to push her baptismal date back. I called a family up in Hyrum near where she was camping and asked if she could sit with them in church. Later that night they were texting and making sure they would be able to find each other in the morning! The morning came, and she texted us and said she was at church!!!!!!! Unless you have served a mission, you have NO IDEA how big a deal this is!!! It is SO HARD to get people to church. The fact that she left from camping, with her parents questioning her decision to go to church on a beautiful sunny Sunday morning proved to us and to her Heavenly Father that she is committed to this decision that she has made! Needless to say, a happy dance was in order. 

A big shout out to all the fathers in my life! I love my dad, grandpa, uncles, priesthood leaders, and all of the wonderful men who have been surrogate dads out here on my mission. Still, no one compares to my awesome dad! I made a delish father's day breakfast for our landlords, you would have loved it dad! We ate it all gone ;)

Transfers are this week and i'm staying in my area. I will die here. Hopefully not of heat stroke (they took our car away) but it will be the last place I serve on my mission. I'm trying not to count down! I know there is still so much work for me to do here, and so many things to learn. But, I am excited to see you all when I come home!

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

here's a picture of a beautiful sunset in Hyrum, I went on exchanges up to my old area! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?