Pages

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

He Knows

Something that I have been learning recently is that Heavenly Father always knows. He knows what we really want, He knows what is best for us, He knows what needs to happen, He knows what we need to learn. He always knows! And how incredible it is that He cares enough to help us out. 

It is tricky being a missionary. I love this work, I love the people we meet, and I know that Satan knows a thing or two as well. He likes to bug me! He knows how important this work us, just as much as Heavenly Father does. Every day I pray for help to fight him off, 'cause aint nobody got time fo that! Thankfully i've got someone even stronger on my side, Jesus Christ! I could not do this work without His help. He has been with me every step of the way and i'm going to need Him up until the last day!

We had a baptism this past weekend! The sisters before I came in were working with her and she was finally ready to take the step into the waters of baptism. She was really nervous because her parents and grandparents were both there, and they are not members and not very supportive of her decision. She didn't think they would show up. It was so cool to share the message of the restoration with our captive audience lol. The spirit was really strong and we are excited for her to continue to grow close with her husband and son. 

On Sunday we walked into a sacrament meeting and saw one of the less active members that we are working with sitting in the back! We were so thrilled! She said she felt prompted to come to church and she got ready in fifteen minutes to come!  The entire sacrament meeting was about finding joy in our adversities. It was exactly what she needed to hear. He knew! What was funny was that the speaker was supposed to speak a few weeks ago, but they moved her to this Sunday and gave her this new topic. Heavenly Father knows each of us and exactly what our needs are. 

I've been trying to figure out how to stay strong until the end of my mission, to keep the fire burning, and I realized that service is my key! We did some more weeding this week and some vacuuming and dusting for an older lady. It's the best way to make the least productive hours of the day more productive and fulfilling. As I serve these people I realize how much I have been blessed with and how grateful I am to be able to do this work. 

We saw a really neat mormon message on LDS.org. It's called Lift. It's a really touching story and helped me to gain a greater perspective for why i'm doing this work. You should all watch it!

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?