Pages

Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Persistence

I keep writing about miracles in my emails, but I can't stop because they KEEP HAPPENING! We met SO many people this week who are prepared to receive the gospel.

We met the young girl who a young woman called us about. She is sixteen and has wanted to be baptized since she was ten! Her parents didn't want her to when she was younger because they thought she needed to be older to make her decision. She has been coming to church activities ever since, and thanks to her friend she has started meeting with us! She was kind of quiet at first, but finally she opened up and told us how badly she has wanted this. She knows it is true and she is ready to take this step! The best part is, her parents are supporting her decision!!! We prayed and fasted that they would be ok with it, and the Lord granted us a miracle! She has been reading the scriptures and praying and doing everything she can to prepare for her baptism!

The other family we met yesterday. A few weeks ago we had stopped by because we knew the dad was less active and the wife and daughter were not members. We met the husband at the door, he didn't let us in. He said his daughter wasn't feeling well, and we asked if we could come back another time to meet them. He didn't sound very interested, and told us that he's pretty sure his wife and daughter don't want anything to do with the church. Still, we were persistent and tried them again last night. As we were praying before we went to their door, they pulled into their driveway! They let us inside and we met them all. The wife didn't grow up with any religion, and the daughter hasn't learned about any church. We testified of the power the gospel has to change lives, to bring peace and comfort, and to give us a path to follow to find happiness and lasting joy. The spirit was so strong, and when we asked if we could come and teach them more, the wife said yes that would be wonderful! We are so excited to get to know them and help them to feel of the love of their Heavenly Father.

A bunch of missionaries were able to do some service at a homeless shelter. They were serving dinner and we were the entertainment! We sang hymns and people had brought guitars and ukuleles. I sat with a few people and chatted with them. I love to sing but I figured they would rather have some conversation. I met one guy who is getting baptized this weekend! He has been meeting with some elders that work down in that area. The other guy at the table had just come from Philadelphia, thinking his cousin would have a place for him to live but turned out it was the homeless shelter! Me and the other guy getting baptized talked to him about the church and how it could bless him. He had a lot of wild ideas about religion, but he said that he was praying for a girl! HA! We told him boy you're praying for the wrong thing! Heavenly Father will bless us if we are obedient and seek after righteous desires. We told him he might meet a nice girl if he came to church haha. We'll see what happens. It was so fun to just chat with everyone and help them to feel the spirit. They are so humble. Their needs are so basic. It is incredible what the gospel can do to help us find peace and hope for the future.

look at those missionaries sing!

I LOVE this gospel. It is such a privilege to share it with everyone I meet. At the homeless shelter, a young girl came up to me. Her parents were helping serve the dinner. She said "I just wanted to let you know what an awesome missionary you are!" She must have seen me talking to everybody. It made me so happy! Fifteen months ago I would not have had the guts to sit down at a table with homeless people and start talking about the gospel. I am so thankful for the trust I have put in my Heavenly Father, and for all of the incredible people He has placed in my path for me to meet.

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?