Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Real Love

I have found renewed faith and love for my Savior Jesus Christ this week. We are still searching for those who are prepared to hear the gospel, and with each day that we are fruitless, I know that the Lord is working us to see if we will keep going, even when the going gets tough. 

I was able to go on exchanges with Hermana Orchard, and we tracted most of the day, going door to door looking for people who are willing to listen, specifically hispanics (she is in a spanish branch). We met a man who has been working in the United States for 14 years, and hasn't seen his family since he left mexico. It is incredible to meet people who are going through real struggles, to see the sacrifices they are willing to make for their families. It makes me incredibly grateful for all that I have been blessed with. We went to a Relief Society activity that evening, and it was so fun to listen to the sisters speak to each other in spanish. I can understand a good amount, maybe i'll go to a spanish ward when I go home :) 

We had a lesson with a young girl that we have been teaching for the past two months. It has been difficult trying to help her learn, she is suuuuper shy and easily distracted by her friends that come to the lessons. We had the lesson last night at her home with her step-mom who grew up catholic. It was all about Jesus Christ, His life and death. It was neat to help her step-mom realize that a lot of our beliefs are similar. We invited the girl to be baptized on a specific date, to which she was unsure (typical answer, she does not like being put on the spot!). We told her to pray and ask Heavenly Father if she should be baptized. We promised that the Holy Ghost would testify to her and help her to know that it is right. The spirit prompted me to ask her step-mom as well. I said "If you came to know that these things were true, would you be baptized?" She said "Yeah, possibly..." WOW! I wasn't expecting that! She said that there is a lot that she doesn't know, and that she has been feeling conflicted. We told her that we would love to help her learn and find some peace. I am so excited! If I hadn't acted on that prompting, we would have never known how she was feeling, and that her heart was open and ready to learn about the gospel. 

In preparation for Easter, I have been focusing my studies more on Jesus Christ. The more I learn about Him, the more I love Him. He truly is my brother. He suffered every pain I would ever go through, and knows exactly how to strengthen me. I am so incredibly grateful for His love. As a little girl recently put it, "That is real real love!". 

I love you all, and I hope you're smiling!

xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?