Pages

Tuesday, March 3, 2015

12 Months Down

I seriously can't believe I've been on my mission for a whole year! Time has flown by and I have really been so blessed to spend this time in the service of the Lord.


So last week was really hard, but when you hit rock bottom, you can only go up! We met with the 9 year old we were teaching every day last week. Satan tried to get him down a few times, but he stayed strong and was baptized on Saturday! It was one of the most spiritual baptisms I have been at. He had so much support from family and friends there. Everyone knew that he is a spiritual giant and they were so proud of the step that he was taking. The next day during church he was confirmed a member of the church and receive the gift of the Holy Ghost. It was testimony meeting and he went a bore his testimony about how Heavenly Father has helped him in his life. He said that "knock knees" are genetic in his family and his brother had them so bad that he needed surgery. He prayed that his brother would be ok and everything went well. It has been so incredible to see his faith grow and his desire to share it with everyone he comes in contact with.


The hugest miracle out of all of this is the progress that his dad has made. He started out very hesitant and very questioning. He said he wants this for his kids, but not for himself. By the end of last week, he was teaching and testifying along with us, helping his son to realize that baptism is a good thing. He enjoyed the baptism, and we just found out on Sunday that he wants to learn more and have the lessons himself! He doesn't want to get baptized, but he wants to be able to lead and teach his son. We are SO excited! This is a huge step, and it has been such a blessing to see the power of the spirit work on him. We never thought we would get to this point, especially so soon!


I am so grateful for the miracles I am able to witness here in the mission field. I know that I have been gone for a while because I can feel how much I have changed. I have learned so much of my Heavenly Father's plan for me, and have felt my Savior's love and His redeeming power. I just love this gospel!


I love you all and I hope you're smiling!


xoxo

Sister Boman

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?